In recent years there have been a number of articles talking about Digital Mining, the Age of Disruption, Industry 4.0, automation, predictive analytics and so on. On 8 October at the workshop organised by SRK, MTS and Vostochnaya Technica (Caterpillar dealer for Siberia) presenters will aim to provide an overview of the different elements of developing a Digital Strategy – understanding what can change, the infrastructure needed, how to enable better decisions to be made.
The workshop will cover:
- An overview of the different technologies and the typical benefits achieved as well as the prerequisites for success
- An overview of the infrastructure requirements for open pit and underground mines
- An insight into the information captured by sensors on a typical modern mining machine and the decisions that can be made
- Automation – advantages & prerequisites
- Safety – how technology can make the difference
- The importance of being able to present data in an informative way to the right people at the right time
- A case study in getting the most from a Fleet Management System Developing a Digital Strategy – an overview
11:15 – An insight into the information captured by sensors on a typical modern mining machine and the decisions that can be made.
11:30 – Safety – how technology can make the difference